Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: November 27, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Number of Pages: 80
Format: E-book
Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Add to Goodreads

Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.





I'll be honest. I skimmed and skipped sections in this short story. Maybe because it was in Aiden's POV, and I'm not his biggest fan. The story is set a few days after the end of Deity. Alex has Awakened, and she's not the same anymore. Seth has connected with her and any trace of her former self is gone.

Apollo has come up with a solution to temporary break the connection to Seth. They can give Alex an Elixir similiar to the ones that the half servants are given, but this one will work on Alex with being the Apollyon. At first everyone refuses. Being on the Elixir is one of Alex's biggest fears. But soon they realized that the only way for her to survive while they search for a permanent way to break the connection is for her to be on the Elixir. 

What I don't understand is why did it have to be Aiden to give her the potion and be her "master". It didn't set well with me. I do wish we saw more of the other characters. I loved seeing Apollo's brother. I'm assuming that this novella will make the fourth book make more sense. But you will probably only enjoy it if you love Aiden.

In the end, Aiden realizes that love is bigger than fate. And Alex is the only one who can break the connection. And the war against the gods may have just begun...

Rating: 3/5
 

1 comment:

  1. I know so many Aiden fans! Good to know you're not! ;) I haven't read this series yet, but I sure am looking forward to it! Great review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete