Welcome to the Book Twins. We are two girls from two different parts of the world (Jen is from Melbourne, Australia and April is from Virginia, USA) but we have come together to share our love for books and to let in others how we feel about them.
Here is some things you might need to know about us:
J E N
- 29 years of age.
- Lives in Melbourne, Australia
- Big lover of Young Adult, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy and Dystopian.
- Favourite author is hands down Karen Marie Moning. Other favourites include: Richelle Mead, Cassandra Clare, Lara Adrian, Gena Showalter, Larrisa Ione, Veronica Roth, Melissa de la Cruz and many more
- Has 3 bookshelves full of books, and has more books than I can count. But you can never have too many books, right?
- A self-published author who hopes to share my love of stories with people around the world
- Has travelled to the US 4 times, London, Scotland, Tokyo and Canada. And hopes to do Europe for my next trip.
- As a teenager I had so many Sweet Valley books, I didn't even get into the whole paranormal genre until Twilight came out. From that point onwards, I bought books, and expanded my reading genres to sci fi, dystopian, and even adult books that I would never have looked at when I was younger.
A P R I L
- 26 years old
- Lives outside of Richmond, Virginia
- Really into Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian, YA, Historical Romance, really anything that has a good romance in it.
- Loved to read as a kid. During my teenage years I didn't read as much. Got back into it around 18 but didn't have enough time to read due to classes. Oddly enough it was Twilight that really got me back into reading and got me really hooked on the whole fantasy/sci-fi genres.
- My favorite books growing up includes: The Babysitter Club, Sweet Valley High (along with the other Sweet Valley series), Goosebumps along with RL Stine other books and similar author. I was real obsessed with the series Animorphs. When I was a teen I loved the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books.
- My ultimate favorite author is Karen Marie Moning. My previous ultimate favorite author was Danielle Steel. Others include: Richelle Mead, Ilona Andrews, Gena Showalter, Cassandra Clare, Stacia Kane.
- Has a lot of Scottish and Irish ancestry, and love reading anything to do with either culture. I really love any kind of mythology.
- When I finally have my own house, I will have a whole room dedicated to be a library.
- Haven't really travel that much, just places to visit family and for vacations. The two big places I've been are New Orleans and Atlanta. I plan to eventually travel all over the country and world.
- I'm a total beach bum. Give me a hammock on the beach and a book and I'm happy.
- I'm a big baseball and football fan. My two teams are Atlanta Braves and Washington Redskins. I do enjoy all sports though.