Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review of "Shades of Midnight" by Lara Adrian

Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7) by Lara Adrian
Publication Date: December 9, 2009
Publisher: Dell
Number of Pages: 383
Format: Paperback
Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Add to Goodreads
Description: In a frozen wilderness steeped in darkness, the lines between good and evil, lover and enemy, are never black or white but drawn in Shades of Midnight.

Something inhuman is stalking the frigid Alaskan wilds, leaving unspeakable carnage in its wake. For bush pilot Alexandra Maguire, the killings stir memories of a horrific event she witnessed as a child and evoke in her the inexplicable sense of otherness she has long felt within herself but never fully understood . . . until a darkly seductive stranger with secrets of his own enters her world.

Sent from Boston on a mission to investigate the savage attacks and stop the slaughter, vampire warrior Kade has his own reasons for returning to the frigid, forbidding place of his birth. Haunted by a secret shame, Kade soon realizes the stunning truth of the threat he faces–a threat that will jeopardize the fragile bond he has formed with the courageous, determined young woman who arouses his deepest passions and most primal hungers. But in bringing Alex into his world of blood and darkness, Kade must confront both his own personal demons and the even greater evil that could destroy all he holds dear.
 I've been putting continuing reading this series off, mainly because I didn't really enjoy the last few books. This book is a great improvement over the last few ones.

I instantly fell in love with Kade. I was disappointed the lack of his twin Seth in the book. I really thought there would be more than that. I knew there was something off about the town cop, Zach. I really started to enjoy the book towards the end. I absolutely love the interactions between the guys.

The ending with Jenna was such a twist. I'm not even postiive that I believe that the Ancient is dead. But I feel like the Ancient was somewhat nice to Jenna the time it was holed up in the cabin with her. It would be interesting to learn if Jenna is another Breedmate or not. I really want her to be. Which speaking of, I'm still anxious to learn more about Breedmates.

Even though each book is a different story in the series, I do love how it has one continuous sub plot.  And I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment