Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jen's review of "The Darkest Seduction" by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9) by Gena Showalter
Publication date: February 28th, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Number of pages: 504
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Add to Goodreads
Description: Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive-but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he'd thought was forever beyond his reach…until now.

Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her. Yet in Paris's arms, the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace. Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up.

Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally-or tear them apart?
I'd say Paris's story is the most anticipated book in the series yet. There is always one male in a book series like this in which has been built up for so many books, and you hope pays off to which you hope. In my case, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped. 
But that's not to say it was bad, I did enjoy it, and glad he had his story. I guess I expected more. I did enjoy the side stories though, and if I am honest, those were my fav parts of the book. 

Its no surprise that his love interest is Sienna. I think that has been obvious for some time now, and I like her. I can understand that she has been through a lot.
The relationship Paris and Sienna have had since the beginning has not been an easy one, or even one where they liked each other. The opposite really.
But as time went on, they saw that what they felt with one another was something they haven't felt with anyone else before, and that was something worth fighting for.


The side stories, especially with Kane, whose book is coming up next captivated me the most. I look forward to reading his story.

Even though this is book 9, Gena Showalter stays true to each character throughout the series, and keeps the stories of each book fresh and a captivating for the character arc.
Its just a shame we have to wait almost a year until the next book. Gena is one busy woman, and she writes so much.
I remember when she used to release 2 LOTU books a year, but I guess that was before she had so many books she had to write.


My Rating: 3 out of 5






No comments:

Post a Comment