Monday, September 3, 2012

April's review of "Kissing Sin" by Keri Arthur

Kissing Sin (Riley Jensen Guardian #2) by Keri Arthur
Publication Date:  January 30, 2007
Publisher: Dell
Number of Pages: 355
Format: Paperback
Add to Goodreads
Description:  From Melbourne’s gleaming skyscrapers to its throbbing nightclubs, Riley Jenson’s world is raging with danger and desire. A drop-dead-gorgeous werewolf–with a touch of vamp coursing in her blood–Riley works for an organization created to police the supernatural races. But when she wakes up naked and bruised in a barren alley, she knows only that she must run for her life.

Within moments Riley collides with the sexiest man she’s ever seen: steely, seductive Kade, who is fighting a life-and-death battle of his own. With old lovers and enemies gathering around her, Riley knows she is being pursued by a new kind of criminal. Because in Riley’s blood is a secret that could create the ultimate warrior–if only she can survive her own dangerous desires….

 I was a little hesitant to read this book, since I wasn't that fond of the first one. But I did enjoy the first one enough to give it a second chance. I ended up loving it, and the issues I had with the first didn't even bother me in this one. Perhaps it has something to do with I felt like the sex was toned down and I felt like there was more of a plot in this one. 

Riley wakes up in what looks like a government training facility, with no memory of how she got there or for the past 8 days for that matter. Getting help from another captive, a shifter name Kade they end up escaping. But the danger is far from over. And with Riley's luck with her loves lately, Kade isn't exactly who he says he is. Add to the mix that Quinn is back, and the only way to get answers is to hook back up with Misha; one of her old lovers that used her in the last book. I really adored Kade, and hoping to see a lot more of him in future books. Even with her life in constant danger she does manage to meet a new werewolf, Kellen who just happens to be a hot alpha. 

In the first book I was shipping Riley and Quinn kind of hard. But in this book...it just wasn't there. All I wanted Riley to do was to tell him off and tell him it's not going to happen. Even though it wouldn't work out, I wanted to see Riley with Kade. 

The ending was sad. I really liked Misha and had a soft spot for him. Even though Riley says she didn't/doesn't love him, I felt like she did in some way, even it was just loving him as a friend. 


Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment