Wednesday, August 29, 2012

April's review of "Evermore" by Alyson Noel

Evermore (The Immortals #1) by Alyson Noel
Publication Date: February 3, 2009
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Number of Pages: 301
Format: Paperback
Add to Goodreads
Description:  The first book in Alyson Noël's extraordinary new Immortals seris. Enter an enchanting new world, where true love never dies...

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wieling a magis so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.

 Even a day after finishing the book, I'm not exactly sure how I completely feel about the book. Even though it was a quick read, I couldn't put it down anxious to see how everything is turning out. But I felt like the ending was just...I'm not sure of the word. But if I didn't know it was a series I would of thought it was a stand a lone book. 

Meet Ever. Blonde hair, blue eyes, cheerleader, and popular. But that was the old Ever. A car accident had claimed her whole family, except for her. She got to lived while they all died. Now not only does Ever see everyone's auras and can hear their thoughts, one touch from a person and she knows their life story. 

I liked Ever, but I didn't love her. She did annoyed me at some points in the story. She could of easily take care of Stacia and Honor, but she didn't. And what is with all the odd names in the book? The only friends she has are Haven and Miles. I loved Miles. I think he was one of my favorite characters. Haven kind of annoyed me. Even though Ever consider her her best friend, I got the feeling they were more of frienemies than actual friends. 

And you can't have a YA romance story without someone wanting to stand in the way. Enter Damen's psycho ex, or well technically his wife. I was a little disappointed towards the end. I wanted to know more about Damen and Drina past. And more about Ever's past lives. But Damen refuse to let Ever get away from her this time. 

I was stuck on how to rate this book. The end was kind of dragging on a little bit for me. And I thought we were get more information on The Immortals. But I really did like the book. And curious what the others have in store. 

Rating: 4/5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment