Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly

Angel Fever (Angel, #3) by L.A Weatherly
Publisher: Usborne Publishing
Publication date: August 1st, 2013
Number of pages: 512 pgs
Format: Paperback
Purchase: Amazon | The Book Depository

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

There are no words to describe how many emotions this final book has evoked in me. This has been a long time coming and I'm not sure if I was ready for it to all end.
These characters have been in my life over the past few years. The good and the bad. Everyone plays their part no matter what it may be, where things may lead them, and the final installment may be the toughest test out of them all.

After Angel Fire, Willow made her final choice between Alex and Seb, and really --- it really wasn't a choice at all, never was. But her romantic complications is the least of her problems because they have to find a way to fix this angel-affected world. Once and for all.
When a ghost from the past appears at the AK camp once again with some interesting news for Alex, he is forced to make a choice, which will see him leave for the unknown, for the chance to make a difference and change the course of everything they knew.
In his absence, this leave Willow in charge of the group -- but is she up to the task at hand, or will she fail before she even gets to begin?

I was excited when this book was coming out August 1st, rather than in October and I could not wait to get my hands on it.  It was everything I hoped it would be and more.
I had re-read the first two books just before this one was released as it had been a while since I had first read them and wanted to give my mind a bit of a refresh.
L.A Weatherly certainly make this book worth the wait over the past two years. I was fine with the wait because I knew the story had to be right, which she certainly delivered in all aspects.
I could not have been more pleased. We saw old characters make reappearances, new characters being brought into the light and our core ones front and center.

Everything that needed answering was tied up. Alex and Willow, our heroes of this journey have been through so much together over the past three books. I could not wait to see what this final story had in store for them. I was never worried they wouldn't get their happy ending, I just wondered what they had to go through to get to that particular point. I have to say I am definitely satified with how things turned for them, and for everyone really.
This was a story that left no thing unturned. Sacrifices are made. There is death. Tears and blood.
I always wondered if Seb would find someone who would make him as happy as Alex and Willow made one another happy.  I was happy to get the answer to this particular question, and it was everything I could have asked for.

Angel Fever, had to be one of the best conclusive finales I have had the pleasure of reading. I would definitely be checking out anything L.A Weatherly has in store next for her writing journey.

Rating: 5/5










2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice review!! I have to wait til November to read this one. But luckily I read the second one not too long ago! Cannot wait for the finale. Glad it was satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah.. waiting sucks. I had to order mine online, but since the UK paperback came out early, I was like.... Gimme! lol

      You'll adore it.

      Delete